Answered By: Kelly Bradish Last Updated: Jul 24, 2015 Views: 191
EBSCOhost can read HTML articles aloud to you using the Text-To-Speech feature.
To use Text-To-Speech:
1. Locate an EBSCOhost article in HTML format (not pdf) which you would like read to you.
2. From the Accent drop-down menu, select an accent in which you would like the article to be read.
3. From the Reading Speed drop-down menu, select a reading speed in which you would like the article to be read.
4. Click the Listen button to hear the article read outloud.
Click the Download MP3 link to download an MP3 file of the article being read to your computer.
5. Click the Help link to view instructions on using Text-To-Speech in your browser window.
Use Text-To-Speech to Hear a Section of an Article
You may also choose to have only a section of an article read to you.
Highlight the passage of text you would like to be read outloud and click Listen.
Downloading Text-to-Speech MP3s
You may also download audio files of HTML articles being read aloud to your computer in MP3 format.
To download Text-to-Speech MP3 files:
1. On the Text-to-Speech toolbar, click the Download MP3 link.
A window appears advising you that the MP3 file is being created.
2. Once the MP3 has been created, right click the Download MP3 link in the window and select Save Target As...
3. Browse to a location in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
The MP3 file is saved to your computer.